ADVANCED MS PROJECT 2016 ₦49,999
The details of the training are stated below in the Highlights.
1. 2 days Advanced MS Project 2016 Training
2. MS Project 2016 installation
3. Weekend classes available
About this Course
This course will provide a comprehensive introduction to the basics of the Microsoft® Project 2016 application. The course will also provide an overview of the project plan, tasks, and resources.
Additionally, the course provides information on tracking project progress and advanced task scheduling. An outline on reporting, troubleshooting, and customizing views will be provided by the course. You will also get information on sharing project information, resource pooling and consolidation, along with an update on new features in the Microsoft® Project 2016 application.
Demos are provided to show how to work with the Microsoft® Project 2013 application and get hands on experience. All the demos work in the Microsoft® Project Professional edition.
Ciel Consulting’s training in Microsoft Project 2016 enables the users to analyze and plan project resources, budgets, and schedules. This certification provided by Microsoft® is ideal for those who are looking to advance their career in project development.
+ Why is the certificate most sought after?
Microsoft® Project 2013 application is a registered product of Microsoft ® Corporation. It is a useful desktop tool that helps project managers to analyze and plan project resources, budgets, and schedules. Project managers can efficiently track the project progress and forecast resource needs with the help of reports.
Currently, there are approximately 6.5 thousand professionals across the globe who are Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD).
+ What are the course objectives?
Microsoft Project 2016 helps in managing projects efficiently. This is one of the most sought out application for professional project management.
Ciel’s training in Microsoft Project 2016 offers the following benefits:
Manage projects using the Microsoft® Project 2016 application Manage resources and assignments within a project Track the project progress using various features Create a task-based schedule for the project Share project information
+ Who should do this course?
All professionals who manage projects should do this course. This course will help them in better management of their projects through Microsoft project 2013. Managers, schedulers and others who are using this tool to manage their project should also do this course and get certified to increase their efficiency.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Project
This module provides an overview of how the features of Project relate to the job of the project manager. The module also teaches the student how to access different features by navigating through the ribbon.
• Describe how Project relates to the discipline of Project management.
• Learn what the new features are in Project 2016.
• Navigate to the primary views available using the Ribbon.
• Choose Views that display task, resource, or assignment information.
• Select table within views to change the information that is available to see and edit.
• Relate the features of Project to the 5 steps for building a plan in Project.
Module 2: A Quick and Easy Overview of Managing with Project
This module demonstrates the required steps to create and use Microsoft Project 2016 through the life cycle of a project.
• Create a new project and prepare it for data entry.
• Enter project tasks.
• Sequence the tasks.
• Define resources.
• Estimate Task duration and assign resources.
• Baseline the project.
• Track project progress.
• Learn how to create a project plan from a template.
• Learn how to turn off the timeline.
• Learn how to change the project start date.
• Learn how to add holidays to the company calendar.
• Learn how to add resources and their cost.
• Learn how to switch views.
• Learn how to insert summary tasks.
• Learn how to link tasks and summary tasks.
Module 3: Setting Up a Project
This module explains how to create a new project and establish the basic constraints that Microsoft Project 2016 will use for its calculations.
• Use multiple methods to create a new project from an Excel file and a SharePoint Tasks list.
• Establish one or more calendars to constrain resource availability.
• Configure Project to calculate the schedule from the Start Date forward, or from the Finish Date b
• Learn how to add Holidays to the company calendar.
• Learn how to make a custom calendar.
• Learn how to set the Project Start date.
• Learn how to set constraints.
Module 4: Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
This module explains how to how to manually schedule project tasks and how to leverage the auto schedule feature.
• Students practice switching tasks between Manually Schedule and Auto Schedule modes. By switching
• Describe which project functions are turned off for tasks using Manually Schedule mode.
• Change the task mode from Manually Schedule to Auto Schedule and back.
• Identify tasks that are in Manually Schedule mode by the task mode column and shape on the Gantt c
• Describe situations that are particularly appropriate for using Manually Schedule.
• Describe the limitations that a user must be aware of when using Manually Schedule mode.
Module 5: Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
This module explains how to create a useful work breakdown structure and enter it into Microsoft Project.
• Build and use summary and subordinate tasks.
• Understand and use milestones.
• Develop WBS Outlines.
• Assign completion criteria.
• Evaluate the WBS.
• Understand and use WBS templates.
• Manipulate a WBS
• Learn how to create and manipulate WBS.
• Learn how to utilize an Outline.
• Learn how to create notes within tasks
• Learn how to utilize an Outline.
• Supporting the Project Plan
• Learn how to hyperlink project artifacts to your project plan.
• Learn how to create reoccurring tasks.
Module 6: Identifying Task Relationships
This module explains the rules for establishing dependency links between tasks and how to use Project to display these dependencies.
• Understand the different types of task relationships.
• Understand and use various methods to create relationships.
• Determine and display task sequence.
• Understand and use lag, lead, and delay.
• Understand the new feature of Task Paths.
• Display the sequence
• Identify the different ways to create dependent relationships
• Format a Network diagram.
• Modifying dependency lines.
• Modifying items to be shown on the critical path.
Module 7: Defining Resources within Project
This module explains how to enter resources and specific resource information in Microsoft Project and assign resources to specific tasks.
• Define resource types.
• Define individual resources that will be used on the project.
• Record the cost (s) of using each type of resource.
• Record the limit of availability for each type of resource by establishing a resource calendar and d
• Resource Calendar and Availability
• Add holidays to a standard calendar.
• Applying different types of calendars to a project and analyzing the impact to the project schedule.
• Applying vacation schedules to the calendar.
• Replace resources based upon the resource’s calendar.
Module 8: Making Work Package Estimates
This module explains how Microsoft Project calculates task duration, task work (effort) and task resources. Students will be able to choose among three task types as they enter task estimates and they will know which task type is appropriate for the type of estimate they are making.
• Enter estimates for duration and costs for each task.
• Distinguish between task types and describe when each is appropriate.
• Describe the relationship between work, units, and duration.
• Describe the way Effort Driven scheduling is affected by work, units, and duration.
• Assign tasks to resources using the Team Planner view.
• Work, Duration and Labor
• Analyze the impact of duration, work, and labor.
• Create material resources and assigning cost to the resource.
• Understand how to leverage Project statistics
• Apply a material resource to a task and examine the impact to project costs.
Module 9: Creating an Initial Schedule
This module explains how Project calculates a schedule based on task relationships and task duration. Students will understand the purpose of identifying critical path tasks and will be able to identify schedule float within the project.
• Calculate float and identify a project’s critical path.
• Understand and identify task constraints.
• Create milestones.
• Use the Task Inspector to troubleshoot the initial schedule.
• Reviewing changes that can have a positive or negative impact on the project plan.
Module 10: Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
This module explains how over-allocated resources create unrealistic schedules and shows methods for rescheduling in order to create a realistic schedule based on resource availability.
• Adjust a project schedule to account for limited people and other resources.
• View the overall cost and schedule of a project.
• Identify resources that have been overallocated for a project schedule.
• Use multiple ways to adjust tasks and assignments to remove over allocation for any resource.
• Resource Leveling
• Evaluate the project’s resource plan using the resource views.
• Adjust the schedule manually.
• Adjust the schedule using the leveling feature.
Module 11: Managing the Project
This module explains how to use Microsoft Project to control a project. Students will save their plan to a baseline and see how entering actual task performance data enables them to view differences between planned and actual performance.
• Learn how to set a baseline.
• Lean how to enter and track project performance data.
• Learn how to apply different tracking methods.
• Learn how to perform a variance analysis on a project.
• The Baseline
• Use Project Statics to see the changes in a project plan.
• Use the variance tables to understand the changes in a project plan.
• Understand the value of baselining.
• Baselining & Tracking Performance
• Understand the value of Baselining a project.
• Understand how to Enter Actuals and measuring their impact.
• Understand how variance is calculated with cost, finish and work.
Module 12: Formatting Output and Printing Reports
Participants will be able to control project output by creating and using Custom Fields, Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping of the project data.
• Custom Fields
• Other File Formats
• Create new fields to group.
• Create new group fields.
• Create new views.
• Create Reports in Project
• Learn how to leverage Microsoft Project’s View Report features.
• Learn how to create a Visual Report.
Weekdays: 10:00am - 05:00pm (1 Hour Lunch/PM Documentary Break)
Weekend: Saturday 10:00am – 05:00pm; Sunday 1pm – 06:00pm
Lagos Training Centers: Lagos Mainland: 27 Moronfolu Street, Close to Unilag, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos
Lagos Island: 7 Brook Street, beside Campbell hotel, by Freedom Park, Lagos Island.
Port Harcourt Training Center: 21 Oil Field Guest House Close, off School Road by MTN Junction Elelenwo.
Abuja Training Center: House 67 Block 1A Kano street Area 1, Garki Abuja FCT. After Shehu Shagari mosque.
+ What does the training Pack contain?
The training pack contains MS Project Software MS Project Step by Step Guide Certificate Tea and Snacks during the course
+ Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Experience in effectively modeling, scheduling, resourcing, communicating, collaborating on, and delivering projects using Project Standard 2013, Project Professional 2013, and Project Pro for Office 365, SharePoint, and SharePoint Online Basic knowledge of Microsoft® Project application Experience of working in any Project for a year that has followed a Project Management Framework.
How do you become a Microsoft Project 2016 certified professional?
This exam is designed for candidates who use Project Standard 2013, Project Professional 2013, and Project Pro for Office 365 desktop features (excluding Project Server features).
For Microsoft Project 2016 certification, you will have to appear for the Microsoft certification exam. To do this, you will need to register for the examination. You will need to register at the Microsoft official website. Once registered, you will need to sign in, select your exam and schedule it with Pearson VUE.
Who should attend the training for MSP® Certification?
Anyone interested in project management can attempt this certification examination. There is no mandatory qualification mentioned. But, it is suggested that you be involved in a project management environment for at least two years before taking this certification. Individuals appearing for the Practitioner examination should clear the Foundation exam before attending.
Where can I take the classes? Does Ciel Consulting® offer classes?
Ciel Consulting offers MS Project 2016® classes throughout the year. We offer classroom, online and live virtual training over the internet.
Where can I take the exam
You can take the exam at any of Ciel COnsulting venues in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
What Certification do I get after the Training.
After successful completion of the training, you will be awarded the course completion certificate along with the 35 hours PDU certificate embossed with Simplilearn.
Is exam fee included in the course fee? No. The exam fee is not included in the course fee.
I want to know more about the training program. Whom do I contact? You can join our live chat or call 08091592389. Whatsapp 08091592389
1. Pay Training fee before training start date
2. visit www.cielgr.com click on Register tab and complete the registration form
3. Upon confirmation of your registration, an electronic receipt will be sent to your mail.
4. Commence your training at Ciel Consulting Venue
Payment can be made via our website on the Register page or through Bank deposit/transfer.
Account Name: Cieledu Nigeria Limited.
Account Number: 0246160703