ETAP is the leading software used by Electrical engineers for modelling of Electrical equipment in power plants, FPSOs, Transmission and Distribution stations to name a few. Being the leading software in the industry, knowledge of ETAP has become a SKILL for Electrical engineers of today.
ETAP is a program developed for the Microsoft® Windows operating systems. It is fully interactive and allows you to make changes to the one-line diagram, run system studies, and graphically review study. It gives you the opportunity to explore the many features and capabilities of ETAP including Load Flow, Short-Circuit, Motor Acceleration and Arc Flash and many more.
During the training, comprehensive course notes will be provided with practical hands on examples.
Basic knowledge of Electrical principles, symbols, equipment and design.
In this training manual, you will Learn how to:
• Creating One-Line Diagrams, (adding elements, connecting elements, creating networks etc)
• Editing Element Properties (Generators, Motors, Cables, Transformers, Lumped Loads etc)
• Protective Device Coordination and Selectivity
• Load Flow Analysis (Normal and Unbalanced)
• Short Circuit Analysis (IEC and ANSI)
• Arc Flash Analysis (Quick Incident Energy and Global)
• Motor Acceleration Analysis (Static Motor and Dynamic Motor)
• Panel Systems
• Transient Stability
• Other modules based on attendees request and time permitting.
• Complete Project Assignment
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
• Build system single line diagrams using IEC standards and ANSI standards.
• Interpret and analyze Electrical study reports such as Load Flow report, Short Circuit report etc.
• Size protective devices; understand the principle of electrical protection and Transient Stability.
• Read and interpret TCC curves, Understand Arc Flash analysis, and recent IEEE and IEC regulations.