ETAP is the leading software used by Electrical engineers for modelling of Electrical equipment in power plants, FPSOs, Transmission and Distribution stations to name a few. Being the leading software in the industry, knowledge of ETAP has become a SKILL for Electrical engineers of today.
ETAP is a program developed for the Microsoft® Windows operating systems. It is fully interactive and allows you to make changes to the one-line diagram, run system studies, and graphically review study. It gives you the opportunity to explore the many features and capabilities of ETAP including Load Flow, Short-Circuit, Motor Acceleration and Arc Flash and many more.
During the training, comprehensive course notes will be provided with practical hands on examples.
TRAINING MODULE:In this training manual, you will Learn how to:
- Creating One-Line Diagrams, (adding elements, connecting elements, creating networks etc)
- Editing Element Properties (Generators, Motors, Cables, Transformers, Lumped Loads etc)
- Protective Device Coordination and Selectivity
- Load Flow Analysis (Normal and Unbalanced)
- Short Circuit Analysis (IEC and ANSI
- Arc Flash Analysis (Quick Incident Energy and Global)
- Motor Acceleration Analysis (Static Motor and Dynamic Motor)
- Panel Systems
- Transient Stability
- Other modules based on attendees request and time permitting
- Complete Project Assignment
- Basic knowledge of Electrical principles, symbols, equipment and design.
OBJECTIVESAt the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Build system single line diagrams using IEC standards and ANSI standards.
- Interpret and analyze Electrical study reports such as Load Flow report, Short Circuit report etc.
- Size protective devices; understand the principle of electrical protection and Transient Stability.
- Read and interpret TCC curves, Understand Arc Flash analysis, and recent IEEE and IEC regulations.